Friday May 30, 2014
If you are one of the many that think design just doesn't matter, check out Google's webinar on "The 7 Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design, and how to correct them". The information is backed by proven results and increased conversion rates.
For those of you that are ready to take your site to the next level, follow these easy to implement tips that can have a dramatic effect on your websites bounce rate.
- Make sure your landing page has a clear call to action. It should draw the visitor's eye quickly as you only have a few seconds to capture their attention.
- Avoid having too many choices on the page. Cramming a page with too much information or too many products can cause visual overload in your visitor.
- Don't get greedy and ask for more information than you really need. Your online forms should only require the bare minimum of data, even if its for a FREE product or service.
- Don't have too much text on your page. Too many lengthy paragraphs will guarantee that your page will never be read. Keep it short but allow access to more details if your visitor needs them.
- Keep your promises. If a visitor searches for a product and your page is just another random mishmash of data with no end in site, your visitor will "back button out" for sure.
- Avoid visual distractions. Keep your pages clean and focused on key elements so your visitor is directed to where you want them to go.
- Convey credibility and trust to your visitors. Unless you are a nationally know company, you need to reassure your web visitor that you are a trustworthy business. Use credibility building logos when available and provide your visitor with policies or guarantees.
If your website isn't getting you the results you are looking for, contact 381 Design for a FREE website analysis.